Time to have another crack at writing something

Once upon a time (ages ago), I used to write stuff more often, and some of it was sort of OK. But recently I have been much less productive, tending towards excuses, and possessing an unrelenting lack of ambition to transmit any messages.


If I’m some sort of conduit, then this modern computerised set up is ideal for letting messages pass through me, and onto the web were they can be ignored more widely than they ever were ages ago, when there was no Facebook, back when entire paragraphs used to stay in the same location for years at a time.


Ex-bloggers now lament the decline of their public forums, as they have been replaced by the fleeting flow of trivia that passes for a book of face. I’m not sure if it is age, back pain, or something external caused by the modern world, that stopped me writing, but I do feel the stirrings of having things to say again.


In 2015, the streets really are full of grey cars, everyone really does dress in black clothes, and the popular music really is the most boring sludge ever produced in the past century. But at the same time we all have creative opportunities that are way beyond what any time in history has ever experienced.



 The creative bastards from past times probably could have imagined this world and what to do with it in ways that clearly most modern people can’t quite get their heads round. Including me, but I’ll start again and see what happens.   www.frot.nz